I recently wrote about my need to retrain my brain. Over the years I have recognized that one useful jump-start to this progress is to get away, get out, go somewhere other than where you are. This weekend C and I decided to go to Sandhamn, an island only 0.27 km2 in size and in the Stockholm archipelago. As an amateur photographer I like to see new places, even those places famous for being an island covered in sand. Oh! But did I mention? It is still winter here, so the sand is actually snow.
Waiting for the Ferry at Stavsnäs
On the Way to Sandhamn
Lunch and a Bit o’ Art
For more information about Sandhamn and the photos:
- This is the official website for Sandhamn in English or Swedish.
- If you are interested in seeing other photos of the island during the summer…click to go to Google images.
- Trouville Stranden on Google Maps
- Sandhamn Värdshus – their website in English, and on Google Maps
- Some photos of paintings by (Johan) Axel Sjöberg on Art Fact
PS. I do feel more energized. Retraining continues!